Cinque Terre
This is the place that was #1 on my list. I was watching the weather for weeks before our trip. Oct is the rainiest month in Italy so I was worried. The forecast was rain everyday the whole trip in Cinque Terre. I had read a few different blogs that said rain usually comes in the afternoon. I was optimistic that it would be fine. The day before we were to go there we got an email from the hotel owner tell us that we shouldn't come the weather forecast is terrible. I was devastated! I seriously was about to cry. We cancelled our hotel and extended our stay in Tuscany. We watched the weather very closely. We were staying about an hours drive from La Spezia (which is where we would catch the train to Cinque Terre). We noticed that the weather for the following day looked good all day. We made the journey. We first stopped at Porto Venere. Which is a really cute little costal town. It was a VERY windy road to get there and Abi got sick. Then we went to La Spezia and caught the train to Monterosso. This was the town that has the best beach. It is also where we were suppose to stay. We wanted to hike the costal hike. The train station had a sign saying that ALL trails were closed. We walked up to the trail head. There were a couple of people who were climbing over the gate. We stopped and talked to them. They had just hiked from the town before to Monterosso. They were also 70! They said we flew 3000 miles to do this hike, so we did it, if we can do it so can you. They thought the trail was safe. So we jumped the fence, ignored the closed sign and made our was on the trail. I thought the trail was totally fine. Not one area that I thought was dangerous. I guess a few years ago a lady was out on a cliff taking a picture and a huge wave came up and knocked her off and she died. So they are a little OVER cautious. I am SO glad we did the hike. It was my favorite thing that we did. So beautiful. It took us about 1 1/2 to hike from Monterosso to Vernazza. I'm guess 4-5 miles. Then we walked around Vernazza and caught the train back to La Spezia.
![]() |
| Everywhere we went locks were all over different fences or chains. |
![]() |
| Not going to stop us! |











No comments:
Post a Comment